CJ for Advertisers and Publishers – Full Review
Established in 1998, Commission Junction (CJ) is the mind child of five students from the University of California, Santa Barbara. It is one of the leading affiliate marketing providers with offices in the US, China, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden and the UK. With a portfolio listing top Internet Retailer 500 companies and extensive knowledge like no other, the CJ is one service that advertisers and publishers alike can’t afford to miss out.
Since there are two ways to view this service, i.e. from an advertiser’s perspective and that of a publisher, this review is broken into two parts for each type of user.
CJ Review – For the Advertiser
CJ has opened its arms wide to a large number of advertisers across different industry verticals. Whether you’re specialized in hotels and hospitality or telecom and wireless, rest assured that you’ll get the perfect opportunity for you. However, that’s not all you should know about Commission Junction.
Why Advertisers Prefer CJ
There are five reasons which make Commission Junction one of the best resources for advertisers.
- Pay for Performance-Based Pricing – Affiliate marketing is a performance-based pricing model. So, you only pay when the action you required has been completed. Now you must be thinking that all similar services offer the same. However, you get more value because you’ll partner with like-minded publishers and gain access to a number of tools like Last Click and View-Through tracking.
- Wider Reach – CJ offers its advertisers the chance to be part of its large, diverse and productive affiliate network. As a result, you get to boost your sales by finding and connecting with a publisher from your niche. You will also get the chance to grow by working with the best affiliates. To further sweeten the deal, Commission Junction allows you to diversify your affiliate program. So, you get to have a finger in every pie.
- A Variety of Tools – The platform offers a wide range of affiliate marketing tools that perform different functions such as real-time conversion tracking and publisher payment processing. You also get a collection of advertiser tools like Product Catalog Data Feed and Link Scheduling. All of these are accessible through a flexible and easy-to-use user interface.
- Ample Support – The amount of expert affiliate services support you receive can make or break your career. CJ’s experts will help you create and setup your account and fortify your efforts with affiliate managing services. This is the closest you’ll ever get to experts in this industry.
- Network Quality Team – In addition to helping you launch your brand, CJ will protect it. Its Network Quality team combines the latest technology with its members’ expertise to ensure fair practices.
CJ Affiliate Management Service Levels
If you’re sold to the idea of becoming a Commission Junction advertiser, you will need to choose from three service levels.
- Recruiting and Optimization – By choosing this level, you will be able to recruit new publishers while strengthening your relationship with existing ones. You will receive help to set up your account, support, access to the CJ platform and list of publishers, and an assigned support representative.
- Full Program Management – This level will be an excellent choice if you want your affiliate program management fully outsourced. CJ’s team will help you define your business goals, come up with effective growth strategies, handle daily tasks and much more. You will get the same features of the Recruiting and Optimization level along with customized analysis and recommendations.
- Network Access –With the Network Access level, you are fully in charge of your affiliate program management. You will only receive access to CJ’s publisher network and get help while launching your programs through the CJ Network.
The Good and Bad of Commission Junction Affiliate Advertising
If you’re impressed by what CJ has to offer advertisers, you may want to sign up for its services right away. However, since this review is supposed to guide you in the right direction, here’s a breakdown of the strengths and weaknesses of this option.
- The company has years of experience and a strong reputation as one of the top affiliate advertising networks. Therefore, you’ll be able to connect with many well-known advertisers whose brands are known enough to generate sales.
- The platform is easy to use and help is always available whenever you need it. You also get different options to grow your business, including lead generation solutions, mobilized solutions and Partner Tracking.
- Commission Junction is home to numerous big advertisers, so you may easily get lost in the crowd IF your application is accepted.
- Technicalities such as program requirements and payment terms differ from one program to the other. So, you need to start small at first to avoid getting confused.
As you can see, Commission Junction is a solid platform for advertisers to use. It may have a couple of drawbacks but weighing them against the advantages shows that the chances of success are higher.
CJ Review – For the Publisher
For publishers, or affiliates, Commission Junction is one of the ideal platforms available. If you’re a publisher who wants to thrive in the business, read on to discover whether CJ for publishers is what you need.
The Perks CJ Publishers Receive
There are five reasons which make Commission Junction one of the best service providers for publishers.
- Top Brands and Affiliate Programs – CJ provides you access to advertiser verticals, most of which are from the Internet Retailer Top 500 list. As a result, you get to partner with well-known brands and be associated with the highest paying affiliate programs.
- Reliable Tracking and Payments – Whether by check or direct deposit, your pay will be safe and sound in your hands or bank account. CJ offers a number of currencies for payments, including Australian Dollar, Saudi Riyal and Norwegian Krone.
- Access to the CJ Toolbox – Commission Junction offers a flexible, user-friendly interface. Through it, you can use a number of tools that optimize your efforts like Deep Linking, Affiliate Links Search, and Real-Time Transaction Monitoring.
- Program Development – The company has the experts you’ll need to help you create programs, materials and technologies that ensure your success. You’ll even get to interact with the Publisher Advisory Board, which is a group of established affiliates who help CJ grow and succeed in this highly competitive industry.
- High Quality Standards – You won’t have to worry about being partnered with shady advertisers or being treated unfairly. CJ has a set of guidelines that ensure the quality of the network and its fairness. So, you won’t be bothered with spam, objectionable content or brand infringement among other issues.
The CJ Performer Program (CJP)
For publishers, Commission Junction offers the CJ Performer. Through it, publishers will receive ample support to expand their reach. Experts will guide you by developing a growth strategy, enhancing your network visibility, and offering technical support, custom reports and insight.
CJ Performers can further enhance their status and credibility when highlighted within the CJ Account Manager. Once you reach that level, you will be able to effectively offer new business opportunities to advertisers. However, you need to match the following criteria to be accepted:
- Commissions amounting to $10,000 per month
- Work experience with different advertisers
- Full engagement and readiness to grow
- Passing the Network Quality Review
The Advantages and Disadvantages of the Program
As a publisher, nothing can help you achieve your goals better than access to a large network of publishers, experts and advertisers. However, before you sign up, you should weigh the bad and good to make up your mind.
- Commission Junction has ample experience in dealing with different publishers. So, through its network or Network Quality team, rest assured that you’ll be in a professional environment that aims at mutually benefiting everyone.
- Advertisers within the network will take the first step to connect with you and ask you to join their programs. If you’re new to the industry, this will give you ample exposure.
- You will gain access to different tools and solutions like Pay Per Call solutions. As a result, your business will thrive even more.
- Your payments will be safe with you as the system is quite reliable.
- This isn’t the right solution for budding publishers or affiliates. The CJP is tough to break through and you will need a lot of capital and experience.
- Like advertisers, you may get lost in the crowd unless you have an edge that makes you stand out.
Whether you are a rookie publisher still finding your feet or an experienced pro looking for a solid platform to maximize your earnings, Commission Junction will fulfill your needs and more.
The Bottom Line
Now that you have been properly introduced to both side of Commission Junction’s service, you can use it to your advantage. However, keep in mind that thousands have tried and succeeded before you. So, keep your goals in mind and work to achieve your targets. Who knows? You may become the next star advertiser or publisher on Commission Junction and across the world.