Choosing The Right Web Host
Web hosts allow websites to be accessible via the World Wide Web. In a nutshell, web hosts provide space on a server they own or lease for use by their clients. Web hosts can also provide data center space and connectivity to the Internet for servers they do not own to be located in their data center, called colocation. If you want to have a website, you will need a web host, and in the world of web hosting, here are some important factors to consider when choosing a web host:
- Cost -always an important factor in business decision-making at all levels. Simply put, you have to be able to afford it. Depending on your needs, web hosting can cost as little as a dollar or two per month, to thousands of dollars per month.
- Space – how much space allocation will you get with your hosting package?
- Reliability – how reliable is the service? It should be as close to 100% up time as possible.
- Hidden costs – check the fine print; are there additional charges for bandwidth excesses and certain additional features (e.g. ecommerce)
- Web Hosting Security – does it offer a good security track record?
- Technical support – is it available, is it reliable, is it good?
- Control panel access – do you have full control over your site, or do you need to go through the web host for just about everything?
Hope you found this useful! Happy hosting!