Apple iPhone 3G vs. T-Mobile G1 vs. BlackBerry Storm
The Apple iPhone 3G vs. T-Mobile’s G1 vs. the BlackBerry Storm. Which is best? Here’s a quick take on the pros and cons of each.
BlackBerry Storm Pros
- Offers what is easily the best e-mail program for business users
- Allows you to edit Word and Excel attachments (the others don’t!)
Blackberry Storm Cons
- No wi-fi (how could they??)
- Web browsing on its 3.25-inch screen isn’t as fluid as it could be
- A bit slow at times to exit an application (app) or load a photo
Apple iPhone 3G Pros
- Undoubtedly the best-looking web browser and the largest screen (3.5 inches)
- Definitely the most accurate touchscreen (you seldom hit the link next to the one that you intended to touch)
- Its 3G connection is fast!
Apple iPhone 3G Cons
- Sometimes it should be within 3G range, but instead it drops to the slower EDGE network
- Applications sometimes randomly crash, sending you back to the home screen.
T-Mobile G1 Pros
- It’s fairly easy to navigate the web on its 3.2-inch screen
- It actually has a real keyboard which slides out from under the screen
- A special button brings up a Google search bar with one touch
T-Mobile G1 Cons
- Its zoom function is a bit clumsy
- High-speed coverage is good where it’s available, but it’s still somewhat limited, because T-Mobile’s network is still young (just 120 major U.S. cities covered up to now)
So that’s my take on ‘em. Which is your favorite??
Submitted by Jason J., Bakersfield, CA.